Reply To: Spring Disneyland Resort Game – April 10 (warning: spoilers)

April 11, 2016 at 9:48 pm #508
nikara

This was one of the better games for “Beware the Groove”. We aren’t the type of team that is going to place at the top most of the time, but we attempted every quest yesterday and succeeded at all but two (even the hidden quest!). It has been a while since I’ve gotten a hidden quest, so that made me really, really happy.

We started out strong- the two Critter Country quests and Frontierland went surprisingly quickly. We forced Frontierland and the Critter Country quest where you had to go into the store (it wasn’t open when we were there). Then we picked up our tea and found the cat. We made a solid attempt at the Tomorrowland Quest, but after our first lap around the Land, with lots of unanswered “and” questions, we called it and moved on. Next up was Fantasyland and Toontown. Those two went reasonably smoothly (even though we had some trouble with the dog house, and almost lost the quest sheet in Toontown!). We had the eye-spy sheet out the whole time, but we are really bad at them, so not much luck there.

Next up, girded with some Diet Coke, we were ready to attempt the Main Street Quests. We grabbed the windows that we could heading down the street to the Opera House and found the Fantasyland answer. I almost had a personal meltdown in the Opera House- one of those moments when my brains simply stopped working. We then shifted to the train station, where a bunch of the ones we were stuck on were answered! After an entertaining conversation with Adrienne (who said she wrote the Train quest, but couldn’t remember where to find one of the hints), we went to Frontierland to attempt to force it. Luckily, it was easier to force than expected. Phew! Midway through the train quest we gave up on the windows. We were just too tired to keep looking for them. After success with the trains, we headed over the the Jolly Holiday to finish up trivia. While my brother filled in the bubbles, I looked for the hidden quest. At first, I was sure it had something to do with the fact that there were a ton of “chapter one’s”. Then I found it. A quick trip over to Fantasyland, and we turned in our answers, and took a deep breath. Then, straight to the Wine and Food Festival. I official vote that the spring game is ALWAYS run during the festival (if it continues). A nice way to end the day.