Fall 2017 – Disneyland Resort

• September 19, 2017 at 9:57 am #1349
    ncsmith4

Exactly. I feel pretty confident about all our Quests. And we got MOST of the eye spy. Did we maybe botch a quest? It would be nice to have a breakdown.

September 19, 2017 at 10:10 am #1350
    bigk

Actually, will there be a recap posted with the quests and the answers? That would also suffice.

September 19, 2017 at 10:14 am #1351
    stephw
    Keymaster

We will have a recap and breakdown for you! A summary article will be posted first on our media sponsor, MousePlanet. A week after that is published, we will post a full recap with all quest answers on the MouseAdventure site.

September 19, 2017 at 10:18 am #1352
    bigk

Ah, perfect, that’s good enough for us to sort out where we went awry =)

September 19, 2017 at 10:40 am #1353

I’m pretty excited to see the candid pictures too. This is the first year I actually spotted a photographer! lols

September 19, 2017 at 11:45 am #1354
    stephw
    Keymaster

If you have a specific concern regarding your score, you can email us at mouseadventure (at) thirdgategames (dot) com

A full recap with answers will be available at the end of next week.

September 19, 2017 at 12:07 pm #1355
    momopeche

Hi, team 4003 here (sixth place in basic). Not sure why our team name doesn’t show up! But it’s our usual “Cartridge Blowers.” Or is it something on my end that I have to update? Thanks!

September 19, 2017 at 12:10 pm #1356
    momopeche

Also, hello and congrats to Churro Chasers – one of your members stopped me (Ryan, i think) and said hi because he listens to my podcast. Didn’t get a chance to confab afterwards with you!

September 19, 2017 at 3:04 pm #1357
    shortpix77

Junior Woodchucks had a great game! We’re actually considering playing Advanced during the next round — is it just that Advanced gets more quests, or are there other differences in the divisions as well?

September 19, 2017 at 3:31 pm #1358
    stephw
    Keymaster

@momopeche looks like your name just got left off the registration. We can add it to the database and results.

@shortpix77
    Advanced teams instructions may be less direct than Basic instructions, or you may be required to get additional information for your final answer. For example, for Bronco Busted (Frontierland quest) Advanced teams had to ride the “steam boat” and find the King and Queen of the River.

September 19, 2017 at 5:11 pm #1359
    sunolmouse

The Disney MountainEars had a great time! The puzzles and EyeSpies were fun and we actually knew some of the trivia! Our second place finish was just icing on the cake! Speaking of the trivia, will you be posting the answers? Thanks for a great day!

September 19, 2017 at 9:39 pm #1360
    ryan

What a day! The Churro Chasers are completely thrilled with our first place finish!

Like Joe mentioned at the post-game gathering, we were exiting the 5 freeway at 8:15 am, which we thought was plenty of time to check-in and hear the rules presentation. Unfortunately, it took us 25 minutes to exit onto Disneyland Drive, then once we were heading into Mickey and Friends to park, they re-directed us all the way over to the Toy Story parking lot through the worst traffic I’ve seen around the resort. By the time we parked, rode the bus, and made it through security, it was 10am!! As we hustled across the esplanade, we saw yellow lanyards and knew the game had already started.

We booked it down to the AMC theater and were told by an AMC employee that the DuckAdventure staff were no longer there. Fortunately, there was one team outside who helped inform us that Central was the Jolly Holiday. It was roughy 10:20 by the time we finally received our packet and boy did we feel like we had lost time to make up for. Overall we worked really well together, only getting hung up once. Upon turning everything in, we were exhausted, but felt like we gave it our best shot. The post-game ceremony was totally unreal to us. We were simply hoping to make top 10!

Thank you to the entire Third Gate crew and volunteers who made this event happen! I look forward to these events each year and can’t express how much fun I’ve had working with my family as a team. It was an extremely fun day and created a memory we’ll cherish for a long time. Can’t wait for the next one 🙂

September 19, 2017 at 9:41 pm #1361
    ryan

@momopeche Yes! That was me! Thanks! Love the podcast! Wish I had a chance to chat with you a bit more about GJB! See you next MouseAdventure?!

September 21, 2017 at 1:22 pm #1364
    shna

Wow. I thought we did really well. We finished all but one quest and were confident about our answers – yet we came in 65th. I am puzzled and a bit sad.

September 21, 2017 at 10:08 pm #1365
    kingjesse2

@SHNA Did you also complete all the eye spy, trivia and hidden quest? We definitely got answers for all the quests (we’ll see later if they were correct!), got 5? of the eye spies, missed about 20 of the trivia and missed the hidden quest but got 30-somthing place. I’m guessing there were just a lot of teams that finished the primary quests and a lot of it came down to the extras.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.