MouseAdventure at the Museum – February 3 and 4, 2018

• February 5, 2018 at 1:02 am #1565
    bullfrog117

Thanks for a wonderful event, y’all!

As a sidebar, I am intensely curious for any additional details anybody can provide about two of the Trivia questions.

2. What famous actress wrote a note to Walt Disney asking the question, “Mr. Disney, why do you wait so long between Mickey Mouse appearances?”

Mary Pickford

Google has no idea about this quote, so I’m curious where I can find out more about Walt and Mary’s relationship (besides United Artists and the original idea for a full-length Alice feature).

4. Roy O. Disney presented an animation cel from which 1952 cartoon to Emperor Hirohito of Japan?

Lambert, the Sheepish Lion

All that Google (and Wikipedia!) are telling me is that Hirohito owns a complete print of that film and that Hirohito presented Roy with a lantern that is now tucked away in EPCOT’s Japan Pavillion.

February 5, 2018 at 1:13 pm #1566
    chris

Those 2 questions were pulled from the book, “the ultimate Disney trivia book 4”. Hope that helps!

February 5, 2018 at 4:22 pm #1569
    sunolmouse

The Disney MountainEars had a wonderful time! It was a little strange just having half of our team but we were also joined by our 4-month-old newest MouseAdventurer! Thanks for bring MA a lot closer to our home.
    Enjoyed the puzzles as always (and isn’t that model of Disneyland just the coolest thing?) but as usual I studied all of the wrong trivia!
    Speaking of trivia, can we get ALL of the answers?
    And the team scores?
    Thanks TGG crew! You guys are awesome!
    Mike and Laura (and baby Flynn)
    The Disney MountainEars

February 5, 2018 at 7:04 pm #1570
    bullfrog117

@Chris – Thanks for that info! Doesn’t look like there’s a whole lot more detail in the book, so I guess I’ll just have to remember to bother Dave Smith for more details if I ever meet him lol.

February 6, 2018 at 3:00 pm #1571
    debbbc

I am looking for scores and answers too… Any info or links would be appreciated! We couldn’t stay for the recap at the end.

Thank you!

Deb

February 6, 2018 at 3:06 pm #1572
    stephw
    Keymaster

We’ve got the scores up online! We’ll get the trivia answers in here shortly.

Scores: https://mouseadventure.com/maatm18-saturday-and-sunday-results/

February 6, 2018 at 3:24 pm #1573
    debbbc

Thank you! =)

February 6, 2018 at 3:24 pm #1574
    davidrperry
    Keymaster

howdy folks, here’s the full list of trivia questions and answers:

In which of the following professions did Walt Disney’s father Elias, not work at some point in his life?
    Carpenter
    > Writer
    Newspaper distributor
    Hotel manager

What famous actress wrote a note to Walt Disney asking the question, “Mr. Disney, why do you wait so long between Mickey Mouse appearances?”
    > Mary Pickford
    Shirley Temple
    Judy Garland
    Jean Harlow

Which company has produced Disney character plush toys longer than anyone?
    Ideal Toy Company
    Character Novelty
    > The Gund Manufacturing Co.
    Knickerbocker

Roy O. Disney presented an animation cel from which 1952 cartoon to Emperor Hirohito of Japan?
    The Little House
    Trick or Treat
    Susie the Little Blue Coupe
    > Lambert, the Sheepish Lion

What term did Walt use for large focal landmarks in each theme park land?
    Gimmee
    > Weenie
    Icon
    Marker

In what year did Disney stock move from being over-the-counter to being listed on the New York Stock Exchange?
    > 1957

Walt provided narration for what 1964 World’s Fair attraction?
    Progressland
    Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln
    it’s a small world
    > Ford’s Magic Skyway

After Walt sold WED, what did he name his new company to handle his family interests?
    > Retlaw
    Saile
    Lillian
    DisFam

In how many different states did Walt live during his lifetime?
    > 3

What year did the attraction One Man’s Dream open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios?
    > 2001

Which Disney Legend wrote the script for the “Florida Film,” where Walt Disney explained the concept for what would become Walt Disney World?
    Charlie Ridgway
    > Marty Sklar
    Tom Nabbe
    William Sullivan

Which Disney artist painted the background matte paintings for 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea?
    Tyrus Wong
    Eyvind Earle
    Harper Goff
    > Peter Ellenshaw

The Walt Disney Christmas Show aired on what television network on December 25, 1951?
    > CBS
    The Dumont Television Network
    NBC
    ABC

What Disney artist was responsible for painting Mickey Mouse’s official portraits?
    Marc Davis
    Ollie Johnston
    > John Hench
    Frank Thomas

Which former navy officer came out of retirement to direct construction of Disneyland?
    Joe Potter
    > Joe Fowler
    Richard Irvine
    Marty Sklar

Who was the first US President to visit Disneyland?
    Ronald Reagan
    Lyndon Johnson
    John Kennedy
    > Harry Truman

When was first run of the Carolwood Pacific Railroad?
    > December 24, 1949
    December 24, 1950
    December 24, 1951
    December 24, 1952

Which Disney theme park was the first to be dedicated by a non-Disney family member?
    Magic Kingdom
    > Epcot
    Animal Kingdom
    Disneyland Paris

The original location for the Epcot entrance was moved 300 feet to save what endangered animal?
    Snail Darter
    Florida Panther
    Blue Heron
    > Red Woodpecker

When Epcot opened in 1982 how many attractions were in operation?
    > 19

What was the name of the proposed addition to Main Street USA in Disneyland that was never built?
    Colonial Lane
    Century Square
    > Edison Square
    Progress Plaza

The Marceline, MO US Post Office building was renamed the Walt Disney Post Office Building in what year?
    > 2003

Which month of the year has seen the opening of more Disney theme parks than any other?
    > April
    July
    September
    November

Aiita Peatea is the motto of what Walt Disney World resort?
    Contemporary
    Grand Floridian
    Fort Wilderness
    > Polynesian

At what hotel was President Nixon holding a press conference when he said, “I am not a crook”?
    Disneyland Hotel
    > Contemporary Resort
    Polynesian Resort
    Grand Floridian Beach Resort

February 6, 2018 at 3:49 pm #1575
    elizgeli

“Who was the first US President to visit Disneyland?
    Ronald Reagan
    Lyndon Johnson
    John Kennedy
    > Harry Truman”

It’s pretty well-known that Ronald Reagan attended opening day at Disneyland. If you wanted the answer to be Truman it really should have said “sitting US President” or Reagan should not have been an option to avoid the confusion. Including trick questions like this doesn’t test people’s knowledge as much as it tests their ability to guess how the quiz writer’s mind might have worked.

February 7, 2018 at 6:19 pm #1577
    bullfrog117

@Elizgeli – Thankfully this was easily _clarified_ by a MouseAdventure crew member. 🙂

February 7, 2018 at 6:28 pm #1578
    elizgeli

I wasn’t aware you could get clarifications on trivia. I know in the past basic teams weren’t allowed to use their hints on trivia.

I can see why clarifications are needed on long, complicated quests, but if people need to ask for clarification on something as simple as a multiple choice question then that should be an indication that it could simply be better written instead.

March 16, 2018 at 7:56 pm #1676
    stephw
    Keymaster

In case you missed it, Michael and Mary Jo of the Connecting With Walt podcast recorded an episode where they talked about their experience playing. Give it a listen! http://www.disunplugged.com/2018/03/09/connecting-with-walt-podcast-030918/

March 18, 2018 at 9:27 pm #1681
    sunolmouse

The podcast made for interesting listening. It’s always informative to hear how other teams viewed and solved the quests! The Merry Mousekeeters commented that they scored the highest on the trivia. Was that announced at the post-game gathering? I was not able to attend so…what was their trivia score?

March 18, 2018 at 11:20 pm #1682
    stephw
    Keymaster

Yes, we announced that at the post game event. They got 17 answers correct.

March 19, 2018 at 10:28 am #1683
    sunolmouse

17 is impressive! I thought they were hard questions. Well done!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.