MouseAdventure: That's From Disneyland! August 18 and 19 in Sherman Oaks

• July 6, 2018 at 11:48 am #1784
    stephw
    Keymaster

Disney collectors Richard and Nicholas Kraft are opening up their collection featuring amazing pieces of Disneyland history to the public. That’s From Disneyland! is a free pop-up exhibit and auction of one of the world’s largest private collections of Disneyland pieces, featuring over 15 ride vehicles; audio-animatronic figures from several beloved attractions; original attraction posters; and rare & vintage props, souvenirs, and signage from the park.

This exhibit is the perfect opportunity for the MouseAdventure team to work our puzzle magic and challenge our Disneyland fans with items that can no longer be found in the park.

The That’s From Disneyland! exhibit will be housed in a temporary exhibition space in Sherman Oaks. Due to the delicate nature of the pieces in the collection and the size of the venue, teams will consist of two players only. The number of teams for this event will be extremely limited. The same event will occur on consecutive days, Saturday August 18 and Sunday August 19; teams may select the day they wish to play during registration. The event will start at 9 a.m. and run until 1 p.m. each day.

Registration opens on July 10 at 9 a.m. PT at mouseadventure.com. Brush up on your Valleyspeak and get ready to go back in time!

July 7, 2018 at 1:22 pm #1785
    dmommyp

Sounds fun!

We have a couple of relatives/friends who cannot participate in the Park events because they just don’t have the physical stamina. Can you give us some kind of idea (relative say to the Walt Disney Museum) of how big the space is, how much ground would have to be covered?

Thanks –

July 7, 2018 at 10:55 pm #1787
    stephw
    Keymaster

The exhibit will be housed in an old Sports Basement. We haven’t seen it in place yet, but I would think the ground to cover would be equal or less than the museum.

July 8, 2018 at 10:55 pm #1789
    julieh

Would we need to be there at 9:00 or is there anything happening before that?

July 9, 2018 at 12:56 pm #1801
    stephw
    Keymaster

Check in may take place before 9 a.m., but not before 8 a.m. We are still finalizing the timing.

July 9, 2018 at 1:49 pm #1802

How much is the event?

July 9, 2018 at 1:53 pm #1803
    stephw
    Keymaster

Cost of the game is $150 per team of 2

July 11, 2018 at 10:24 am #1831
    lauriepooh

Just wondering — is this ADA compliant?? Like elevators, places to sit if need be things like that?? Can we bring water and food with us?? You know the usual things?? I would need this info because I think I may need to bring a scooter.

July 11, 2018 at 6:50 pm #1833
    stephw
    Keymaster

@lauriepooh we will confirm that with the venue. I don’t know about places to sit in the exhibit but there will be a lounge area as part of the complex, and the building likely has an elevator.

July 18, 2018 at 3:56 pm #1843
    stephw
    Keymaster

The event website is now live at thatsfromdisneyland.com

You can check out the other events they will be hosting during the run of the exhibit!

August 3, 2018 at 5:28 pm #1860
    julieh

Will you be sending us a schedule?

August 4, 2018 at 12:31 pm #1862
    stephw
    Keymaster

@julieh yes, we will be sending out a player newsletter. Plan to check in at 9 a.m. on game day

August 5, 2018 at 10:12 am #1863
    julieh

Do you know what time we will be finished that day? Ie, will there be an “after the game” recap or anything? I’m due in Irvine for a birthday dinner that night and am just trying to figure out a time for that.

August 6, 2018 at 1:47 pm #1865
    stephw
    Keymaster

There will be an awards presentation, most likely around 3 p.m.

August 6, 2018 at 2:45 pm #1866
    ke6kds

I’ve been there a few times so I have a little insight. Venue – it is an old Sport’s Authority store. 2 stories, but the entire exhibit is downstairs. There IS an elevator, but I don’t believe there is anything upstairs except for Evening lecture. It takes less than 1 hour to do 1 loop if you check everything out. The venue is ADA Compliant, however I cannot believe there is ANY reason to go upstairs to an empty lecture room.

Hope this helped.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.