September Disneyland MouseAdventure

• June 2, 2023 at 11:25 am #11072
    stacielee

Does anyone know when registration will open?

June 4, 2023 at 10:43 am #11073
    tensixmom

I’ve been watching eagerly, too!

June 6, 2023 at 3:29 pm #11075
    movieboy
    Keymaster

We don’t have it scheduled as of yet, but registration usually opens four to five weeks before the event, so sometime in early August would be my guess.

June 29, 2023 at 7:24 pm #11080

I hope you’re right, MovieBoy. Heading out of the country with sketchy wifi, and the Demon Llamas are hoping to make a mediocre return this year!

July 18, 2023 at 9:50 pm #11084
    rubywish

Just booked our travel and made our park reservations — Twin Lions is ready for the west coast!

July 24, 2023 at 3:37 pm #11091
    missbelle

We also booked our travel! Any idea what the trivia theme will be?

July 24, 2023 at 7:17 pm #11092
    stephw
    Keymaster

Trivia typically is somewhat related to the game theme, keeping in mind that our trivia is Walt Disney Company-related (movies, television, Broadway shows, theme parks, etc.).

August 1, 2023 at 9:32 am #11136
    stephw
    Keymaster

Space is filling fast! Don’t delay if you want in on September 10.

August 2, 2023 at 1:54 pm #11137
    tensixmom

I feel fortunate to have gotten registered!

August 30, 2023 at 11:26 am #11147
    stephmanis

My husband and I missed the sign up and are so so so very sad. If anyone has a twosome cancellation, let me know!!!!

September 3, 2023 at 2:06 pm #11150
    stephw
    Keymaster

Check-in starts at 9 AM next Sunday, September 10 at the bottom of the pedestrian ramp from Pixar Pals parking structure toward Downtown Disney. Advanced teams should arrive promptly. Your rules presentation is at 9:15 AM. Rules for basic teams is at 9:30 AM. The event ends at 3 PM and awards will be at 5 PM at a location TBD.

September 10, 2023 at 10:13 pm #11155
    niklj

Thank you again MA staff for an awesome return back to Disneyland!!! It was so great to be back in the parks on The Hottest Day Ever with two “new” lands to find even more new details about. Being surrounded by all the competitors and having to dodge strollers while looking for painted grapes… there’s nothing like it.

I must say the check-in at the bottom ramp of Pixar Pals reminded me of the humble beginnings when we used to start at the picnic tables. Very nostalgic haha. It was super fast and efficient, kudos to Chris and the check-in team!

My favorite quest was the Pirate’s Lair one. We never found the very first step (the “x”) so we basically tried the rest of the route starting from many different configurations until we were able to find where the tunnel ended. What made it my favorite, though, was the idea of following a path like a treasure map.

The Eye Spy was really tough this time. And I have a feeling that it was referencing something. Can someone tell me what it was? (Fax, Slacker…) and what were the “Bit O’ Switzerland” rides and where could you find the Jungle Juice?

I brought two new people to their first MouseAdventure and they had a really fun time too. We already can’t wait for the next one!

Also Joe if you’re reading this, one thing I thought of that might help recapture some of the competitive feel of the in-person games with the MA in a Box is to maybe have a live leaderboard/progress chart so you can see where other teams are in completing quests? Just one idea.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by niklj.
    September 11, 2023 at 9:17 pm #11158
    stephw
    Keymaster

@niklj Read My Fax was the name of the Eye Spy. It’s from Back to the Future II when Marty gets fired via fax. “Slacker” is what Mr. Strickland calls everyone in the films.

September 11, 2023 at 9:18 pm #11160
    stephw
    Keymaster

All team results have been posted!

September 11, 2023 at 9:31 pm #11162
    missbelle

Thanks to the whole team for another amazing adventure! Thrilled that Teamboat Willie came in third, especially with all of the top 6 teams in Advanced within 14 points of each other – those not-eye-spies really made a big difference. I thought the not-eye-spies were an interesting change of pace, and having so many of them made for a more challenging dynamic, especially before we figured out that they were grouped by land. (Looking forward to the recap to figure out the ones we missed!)

And the quests were all solid too! You really outdid yourselves on torturing the advanced teams by making us go to Pirates Lair twice 😛 and the Cantons of Switzerland sign was put to very good use.

Can’t wait for the next event!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.