Spring 2018 – Disneyland Resort

• April 14, 2018 at 3:13 pm #1707
    sland

This will be my team’s first adventure! We have been wanting to do this for a long time. I thought I remember reading something about a trivia quiz at the beginning of the games…is this accurate? If so what can you tell a newbie team about it? Is the trivia connected to the theme “under construction”?

April 14, 2018 at 10:59 pm #1708
    stephw
    Keymaster

@sland Glad you are joining us for your first MouseAdventure! There will be trivia. We haven’t done the pre-game trivia for a while. You will receive the questions with the rest of your game materials, and can complete them as you do the rest of the game.

The trivia is typically related to the game theme, and can cover movies, TV, theme parks, the Disney company etc. We try to mix it up to keep you on your toes. There are no penalties for wrong answers, so we always encourage teams to at least guess even if they don’t know. You may get a few points anyway!

April 19, 2018 at 10:42 pm #1713
    sland

Great info. Thank you!

April 24, 2018 at 2:14 pm #1714
    stephw
    Keymaster

If you have any changes to your team (dropping or changing out players) you will need to do that the morning of game day.

Weather for Sunday is looking good so far.

Make sure you allow enough time to arrive and park! We’re not kidding when we say it is a nightmare right now. If you are coming from south of the resort, consider going straight to the Toy Story lot.

April 25, 2018 at 6:03 pm #1717
    disnoid

Can a team use a FastPasses and MaxPass for an attraction as long as each person has a FP or MP. And if a team member sits outside at the exit of an attraction because they can’t ride or chose not to ride & the other team members use a FP or MP on that attraction, does the sitting out player also need a FP or MP for the attraction?

Also, the informal after game gathering, has the location been determined yet?

April 26, 2018 at 12:24 am #1718
    stephw
    Keymaster

@disnoid You can’t use MaxPass during the game because that would require you to use your phone, which is not allowed.

A player who is not able to experience an attraction may stay outside the exit to wait for the remainder of the team.

The informal gathering will be at the Disneyland Hotel Frontier Lawn near the Frontier Tower.

April 29, 2018 at 7:12 am #1720
    fraileyfive

May we still walk to DD from the Mickey and Friends lot?

April 29, 2018 at 7:58 am #1721
    stephw
    Keymaster

Yes you can still walk from the lot

April 29, 2018 at 7:17 pm #1722
    kikicook12

This is team 4002, Disney Dorphies, following up about our scores from today. It seems none of our eye spies were accounted for in the scoring. We talked with Chris who told us to post here to the forum about or scores. Thank you so much!

April 29, 2018 at 9:09 pm #1723
    sland

If we were unable to go to the results event, any idea of when results will be posted and or released?

April 30, 2018 at 8:25 am #1724

Hi, any word on when you’ll be post the results from yesterday’s event?

April 30, 2018 at 10:57 am #1725
    shortpix77

Roar Omega Roar had a great time at the event yesterday! Our favorite quest was the one inside the Animation building — shade, AC, and good music 🙂 We scrambled for about three songs until we got a system down, but the quest was smooth sailing once we created a system, haha. We also got lucky and had an over-achiever that wrote down the order the movies/songs were played in. SCORE. We also loved the construction walls. The quest finding the folks in vests was fun as well, until the vests had to be taken off… then it got harder, that’s for sure! This was our first time playing Advanced and we were happy to say we weren’t out of our depth.

What was different for the Basic and Advanced teams this time around? Also, where was the hidden quest? We felt like we were onto it a few times, but none of our theories panned out.

Also, when will winners be announced and scores posted? We heard there were some issues with score tallying (which I’m guessing is why there was no announcement of winners last night?), but we missed the post-event gathering.

Thanks for a great game!

April 30, 2018 at 11:37 am #1726
    caitlineg

The Hidden Quest was hidden on the orange-vested workers you found. Each person was wearing a red button with four letters on them – if you put them in a grid in the same order you did the Walkthrough quest, it asked a question about the Blue Sky cellar.

April 30, 2018 at 11:55 am #1727
    shortpix77

Thanks, CAITLINEG! We definitely didn’t write those down, agh. We had multiple wild theories about the dates on the vest-worker clipboards, the directional arrows, etc. We also tried without success to find hidden words in the Lego quest, lol. Oh well!

April 30, 2018 at 12:58 pm #1728
    megp

Awesome game as usual – Team Plutonium had a great time. Unfortunately had to leave as soon as we turned in, so missed the post-game gathering. Anything especially good/interesting shared there?

As soon as I saw the “random letter” pin on our first orange vest person, I was reminded of the hidden quest from the Trick or Treat game awhile back (the ears on the “draw Trick or Treat pins” pumpkins at the MA Station each had a word and putting them together gave something like “Name of Jack’s Ghost Dog”). Was so excited when it actually worked – found the HQ in the first game I played (~10 years ago) and haven’t found it during the game since – came soooo close last game so it was great to finally get it.

Shortpix – I’m guessing (which is dangerous as it’s very close to assuming…) that Advanced teams got three extra quests – Critical Path (the second redwood creek one), Formwork (Lego Store), and the GotG decoding one. Guess based on those three quests being listed after Trivia/Eye Spy/Picture Quest on the quest packet, the lack of instructions for two of those three, and something Joe said about Adv. teams not blocking Cast Member entrances (the sign at the CM entrance next to GotG was in both Eng and the code).

Once tallying is complete and you have the breakdowns… I’m curious how many teams attempted the LEGO Store quest and how many teams found/got the hidden quest?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.