Spring Disneyland Resort Game – April 10 (warning: spoilers)

• April 10, 2016 at 8:08 pm #365

We think it was banana and crackers. On the menu at galactic grill.

April 10, 2016 at 8:57 pm #366
    stephw
    Keymaster

Thank you all so much for a great event today. We will have full results before the end of the week. Congratulations to the following teams who placed:

Advanced

1. Team 322 – Naboombu All Stars – 511 points (A new Masters team)
    2. Team 405 – The No Name Gang – 426 points
    3. Team 408 – Scrooge’s Shadows – 389 points

Basic

1. Team 4017- Awesom-O – 405 points
    2. Team 4002 – The Cartridge Blowers – 377 points
    3. Team 3003 – Smoke Tree Ranchers – 375 points

Best Family Score (not enough teams for category award)
    Team 3079 – Frog Car – 145 points

Best New Team (that did not otherwise place)

Team 4091 – Bee at the Beach – 330 points

Master Teams

Team 402 – Goof ! There it is – 534 points
    Team 401 – New Orleans Squares – 438 points
    Team 404 – The Heffatooies – 437 points
    Team 303 – Big Hero 4 (Simba’s Pride) – 321 points (playing as family)

April 10, 2016 at 9:09 pm #367
    ncsmith4

How many points possible?

April 11, 2016 at 8:39 am #370
    movieboy
    Keymaster

How many points possible?

Total possible for Advanced/Masters was 600

Total possible for Basic was 470

April 11, 2016 at 11:33 am #499
    jules1121

Will you be posting answers? & what were the prizes?

Thanks!

April 11, 2016 at 11:44 am #500
    movieboy
    Keymaster

Will you be posting answers? & what were the prizes?

A short recap will be posted at mouseplanet.com this week. Answers will be posted in a longer recap later. (Day and the Park plays this weekend and we don’t want to spoil anything for them.)

April 11, 2016 at 1:04 pm #501
    stephw
    Keymaster

Yes, the answer to B… and …S was bananas and crackers. It’s in the Power Pack on the Galactic Grill menu.

The final letters unscrambled to spell “characters.” The companion to this is found on a sign at the entrance to Star Wars Launch Bay.

April 11, 2016 at 1:28 pm #502
    sunolmouse

Niwel,
    Will we be able to get answers to the trivia?
    Or will you be waiting until after Day at the Park?
    Thanks!

April 11, 2016 at 2:48 pm #503
    ncsmith4

How much detail will the answers go into? Usually it’s just a “quest recap” but I’d LOVE to see a photo heavy post with a photo of the answer to each question.

Day in the Park is noncompetitive isn’t it? So if they cheat, they’re just cheating themselves right?

April 11, 2016 at 4:57 pm #504
    jules1121

Thanks, definitely don’t want to spoil anything for the Day at the Park participants but really looking forward to the recaps. The TinkerBelles are not proud of our performance 🙁 but had a great time & will be looking to improve greatly next Adventure 🙂

April 11, 2016 at 6:28 pm #505
    shoshie55

I’ll be sending trivia answers to joe and Steph after day at the park 🙂

April 11, 2016 at 9:31 pm #506
    yoahrene

We just realized we never put a guess down for a quest we had otherwise solved, but couldn’t figure out the final answer. Someone help! I must know! WHO RUNS THE DEN????

April 11, 2016 at 9:35 pm #507
    nikara

Yoahrene- There is a family bathroom in the back of the Hungry Bear. I’m not sure of the exact name, but that is what they were looking for. I’ll admit- I was the one on my team who insisted that there wasn’t a family bathroom at Hungry Bear. After wandering around for 5 minutes, we checked one more time and found it way in the back. Who knew?

April 11, 2016 at 9:48 pm #508
    nikara

This was one of the better games for “Beware the Groove”. We aren’t the type of team that is going to place at the top most of the time, but we attempted every quest yesterday and succeeded at all but two (even the hidden quest!). It has been a while since I’ve gotten a hidden quest, so that made me really, really happy.

We started out strong- the two Critter Country quests and Frontierland went surprisingly quickly. We forced Frontierland and the Critter Country quest where you had to go into the store (it wasn’t open when we were there). Then we picked up our tea and found the cat. We made a solid attempt at the Tomorrowland Quest, but after our first lap around the Land, with lots of unanswered “and” questions, we called it and moved on. Next up was Fantasyland and Toontown. Those two went reasonably smoothly (even though we had some trouble with the dog house, and almost lost the quest sheet in Toontown!). We had the eye-spy sheet out the whole time, but we are really bad at them, so not much luck there.

Next up, girded with some Diet Coke, we were ready to attempt the Main Street Quests. We grabbed the windows that we could heading down the street to the Opera House and found the Fantasyland answer. I almost had a personal meltdown in the Opera House- one of those moments when my brains simply stopped working. We then shifted to the train station, where a bunch of the ones we were stuck on were answered! After an entertaining conversation with Adrienne (who said she wrote the Train quest, but couldn’t remember where to find one of the hints), we went to Frontierland to attempt to force it. Luckily, it was easier to force than expected. Phew! Midway through the train quest we gave up on the windows. We were just too tired to keep looking for them. After success with the trains, we headed over the the Jolly Holiday to finish up trivia. While my brother filled in the bubbles, I looked for the hidden quest. At first, I was sure it had something to do with the fact that there were a ton of “chapter one’s”. Then I found it. A quick trip over to Fantasyland, and we turned in our answers, and took a deep breath. Then, straight to the Wine and Food Festival. I official vote that the spring game is ALWAYS run during the festival (if it continues). A nice way to end the day.

April 12, 2016 at 9:20 am #509
    shortpix77

Answer to “who runs the den” = The Sun Bonnets. As others have stated, it’s a family restroom at the back of Hungry Bear.

Death by Monkeys had a reasonably good day, but we were SO CLOSE to the end of the Tomorrowland one when we ran out of time and had to guess and turn in. I feel like five more minutes could have cracked it, but alas…

We never attempted the Railroad quest, but we finished all of the others (didn’t see the hidden quest until after the fact… I shoved the teabag in my purse and never gave it a second thought — ROOKIE MISTAKE, lol). Only got about half of the eye spy questions and guessed on the rest. I’ve luckily seen Alice in Wonderland a fair few times, so the trivia went well. I’d also done some last-minute IMDB cramming, which totally paid off 🙂

The Critter Country, Toontown, and Fantasyland quests all went smoothly, but we spent far too much time on the Main Street and Frontierland quests. Our main mistake in Frontierland was not realizing where the boundary of Frontierland extends to — we didn’t realize it goes all the way along the water to Critter Country! We always learn something at MouseAdventure 🙂

Also: I feel like I’m going to notice ampersands everywhere I go now, thanks MA!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.