Spring Disneyland Resort Game – April 10 (warning: spoilers)

• April 14, 2016 at 12:49 pm #530
    elizgeli

Thanks MouseAdventure Crew for the hard work, this was obviously my favorite MA ever because WE WON! haha #humblebrag. Team Awesom-O, 1st place in Basic. AVP was weirded out by us because we were so depressed when we turned in. We ended up guessing (correctly, I later learned) on the tomorrowland quest and didn’t get some of the doorknobs. I know that there’s supposed to be more quests than you can finish, but we are crazy perfectionists.

My only complaint would be that Tomorrowland quest. There were too many “and” words around that fit the first/last letters given but apparently were not correct. maybe an extra letter should have been given instead of just first and last, or the number of letter should have been shown in order to differentiate. For example instead of “banana and crackers” we thought it was (Tinker) “Bell and Friends” in the pin store. We did not attend the informal gathering in favor of Food and Wine, but I did miss the debrief/awards ceremony a bit.

Did we win anything? Am I supposed to contact someone?

Also how do the different divisions work? Are we supposed to play in Advanced now? If we stayed in Basic and won 3x would we become Masters or just pushed up into Advanced?

April 14, 2016 at 3:28 pm #531
    movieboy
    Keymaster

Did we win anything? Am I supposed to contact someone?

David will be mailing your prize to you this week.

Also how do the different divisions work? Are we supposed to play in Advanced now? If we stayed in Basic and won 3x would we become Masters or just pushed up into Advanced?

You are certainly welcome to move up to Advanced, but you don’t have to. Three 1st place wins in any division will qualify you to become Masters.

Congrats!!

April 14, 2016 at 10:43 pm #532
    nikara

A quick thought about going into shops- the thing I found frustrating was that I wasn’t sure if I really needed to be in the shop, or if I was just wasting time. It was clear in the Critter Country quest that we needed to go into that specific shop. For the rest of the quests (especially Tomorrowland and Main Street) I wasn’t sure if we needed to be checking shops to find clues, so we had to look in them without needing to. If it was clear which shops we actually need to go into (and which quests don’t require us to go into a shop) teams wouldn’t have to split up as much, and especially wouldn’t have to split up and find no answers. Just my two cents, but that might make it a bit easier.

April 14, 2016 at 11:24 pm #533
    niklj

What’s funny is that in previous MAs, we would always look in the stores without a thought (especially Pooh Corner) but I think that new rule made me think twice before going into any store haha. Maybe the rule should’ve just applied to the Briar Patch?

And please keep the scatters! I remember the first time you introduced it and I thought it was the most ingenious thing ever. It makes the start of the game a lot smoother.

Regarding the darkness in the AMC, isn’t there a setting for all the lights to be on? Was that the maximum brightness? I have to say that the light show going on the front was very amusing, though 🙂

And thanks for the hidden quest clue–darn it, I was the one in the team that put the tea bag away right after we unwrapped the quest haha.

Looking forward to this recap in particular!!

April 18, 2016 at 10:36 am #534
    tridj

Team Frog Car finished up our left over quests yesterday , we had lots of fun. Thanks to all Third Gate Games staff for all the assistance and putting on such a great experience! We always have fun and enjoy the challenges. We can’t wait for the next games at Disneyland or DCA.

April 18, 2016 at 1:38 pm #536
    lavenderblue

Naboombu All-Stars had a great time playing MA in Wonderland! We are grateful for the long hours put in by the crew to make it happen! You guys did a fantastic job, as usual.

I’ve got amazing team mates, who lovingly put up with my obsessive compulsive, overly competitive, alpha personality… ha ha! Every team has one, right? Thank you so much to Cary, Michael and Frank, you guys are the best! Now we are Masters, so hopefully, my nagging to study, my need to speculate on potential quests based on the title of the game, and my long-winded rants on strategy were all worth it.

The four of us love this game and all the fun and wonderful people we’ve met along the way. I can’t wait for the next adventure, Mouse or otherwise…

April 18, 2016 at 2:52 pm #537
    chelseajr

Where can I find the recap?

April 19, 2016 at 10:50 am #539
    stephw
    Keymaster

An event summary has been posted on our media sponsor MousePlanet’s site today: https://www.mouseplanet.com/11382/MouseAdventure_in_Wonderland_Goes_Down_the_Rabbit_Hole

A full recap with quest answers will be posted here at Third Gate Games later this week.

Thanks for all the feedback on the game, especially on the new things we are trying out. We are reading it all!

April 26, 2016 at 11:17 am #546
    bethmv

Thanks for the recap with answers! I didn’t fully understand what was written as the 3 of Hearts correct answer. Was only the ceiling of the magic shop counted as correct or were the other 3 of hearts found correct as well? We wrote down the one in the window of the magic shop.

April 26, 2016 at 11:25 am #547
    stephw
    Keymaster

The full recap is available at https://mouseadventure.com/mas16-disneyland-recap/

@BethMV
    : Basic teams had to provide one answer and Advanced had to provide two. Any of the three listed were accepted as answers.

April 26, 2016 at 11:45 am #549
    missbelle

Argh, we got the Toontown quest wrong! What was the breakdown of eat me/drink me answers?

April 26, 2016 at 12:07 pm #550
    stacielee

Who do we talk to if we think our points are wrong? Or at least to confirm our answers? Thanks!!!

April 26, 2016 at 1:06 pm #551
    stephw
    Keymaster

As always, you can email mouseadventure@thirdgategames.com with questions.

April 26, 2016 at 1:58 pm #552
    stacielee

The other question is what are the answers to the The Rabbit quest? Thanks!!

April 26, 2016 at 2:31 pm #553
    stephw
    Keymaster

@Stacielee: The answers to “A Mad Tea Party” are listed in the last paragraph before the Results section.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.