WDW Spring 2017 – Magic Kingdom and Resorts

• February 17, 2017 at 2:19 pm #1031
    stephw
    Keymaster

For those who registered after the latest newsletter went out, here are some details to help you plan your game day: we will be starting check in on March 4 at the TTC just to the left of the ferryboat dock at 9:30 a.m. Final turn in will be at 6 p.m. inside Magic Kingdom.

Post-event meetup and awards presentation will be at 10 p.m. at the pavilion on Crescent Lake between Boardwalk and Beach Club.

February 21, 2017 at 2:38 pm #1035
    stephw
    Keymaster

Registration closes tomorrow!

March 7, 2017 at 10:20 am #1047
    stephw
    Keymaster

We hope everyone who played this past weekend had fun. Huge thanks from the Third Gate Games crew to all of the teams that came out to play.

Congratulations to our teams that placed:

Best new team: The Monorail Marauders – 375 points

Third place: Pquizadactyl – 490

Second place: Midnight Madness Marauders – 535

First place: Conflicting Weenies Social Club – 540 (of a possible total of 630)

Conflicting Weenies now join the ranks of our Masters teams, and are the first Florida-only Masters!

We will have a full list of scores up soon. Please ask about any quests you weren’t able to finish or want to know the answers for. A full rundown of quests and answers will be posted on our site later this month.

March 7, 2017 at 12:30 pm #1049
    dutchaunt

Team Storm Struck enjoyed ourselves. We enjoyed the resort portion more than the Magic Kingdom portion because of the crowds. Found out that Louisiana schools have vacation the week of Mardi Gras. From the looks of crowds at Magic Kingdom, it seemed the whole state was in Florida! Yikes. We didn’t even try the Main Street quest because of the 2 parades. The Round Up quest was a challenge, but fortunately figured it out while still at the Fort. “Round Up “. Got it 👍

March 7, 2017 at 2:39 pm #1050
    stephw
    Keymaster

We were surprised by the crowds too! It’s becoming harder and harder to find a less crowded time on a weekend it seems.

March 7, 2017 at 3:33 pm #1051
    frannymac

We were there in Winter break and Thanksgiving and it did not seem as crazy but then again – the weather was beautiful and it was Spring Break. Just a roll of the dice.

March 8, 2017 at 9:24 am #1059
    stephw
    Keymaster

For those who weren’t able to pick up the full ticket book for the Opening Day quest, here are the questions:

A:
    Main Street Vehicles – The stop for the Omnibus is located at the front of what building?
    Cinderella’s Golden Carrousel – What colors are the feathers on the carrousel horse with a bison on its hindquarters?

B:
    Fontier Shooting Gallery – Whose talk was fast but draw was slow?
    Mad Tea Party – Who said “Be good at something. It makes you valuable”?
    Dumbo the Flying Elephant – What color hat is on the photo spot Dumbo?

C:
    Grand Prix Raceway – What is written above car number 22?
    Swiss Family Island Treehouse – How many cannons are in front of the entrance?

D:
    WDW Railroad Steam Trains – What year is the May 28th Freight Bill on the desk spike from?
    Enchanted Tiki Birds – How many horned animals adorn the show building roof?

E:
    “it’s a small world” – Serenaded by ____ ____
    The Haunted Mansion – What animal is on the weathervane?
    Jungle Cruise – Missing Boat (3 words)
    Hall of Presidents – A Celebration of ____ ____
    Country Bear Jamboree – A ___ & ____ good time!

Teams had to answer all questions on a ticket to receive credit.

March 10, 2017 at 2:24 pm #1061
    stephw
    Keymaster

A player newsletter went out earlier this week, but in case you missed it:

Please answer our survey about the event, or let us know why you couldn’t make it https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MAs17-WDW

Find out how you scored https://mouseadventure.com/mas17-wdw-results

March 10, 2017 at 5:27 pm #1062
    dutchaunt

Just curious. Might there be a fall WDW 2017 event?
    Thanks!

March 10, 2017 at 8:01 pm #1063
    stephw
    Keymaster

As much as we (well me for sure) would love to do a WDW game twice a year, it’s just not in the cards right now.

We do have Vacation packs for sale that you can purchase to do some quests on your own. They are based on the first 5 games we hosted at WDW.

You can buy them at thirdgategames.com/shop

March 11, 2017 at 10:30 am #1064
    stephw
    Keymaster

Candid photos have been uploaded! Did we spot you? https://goo.gl/photos/b9R9F255FY2xDY5e8

March 11, 2017 at 10:12 pm #1065
    dmommyp

Finally had a chance to sort thru everything from last weekend. Thanks Third Gate Games team – we had a great time! I should probably just wait for the rundown but Stephanie said we could ask so I’m asking. I heard that the hidden quest was in the newspaper – sorry, if someone reading this didn’t want to know that, I don’t know how to hide something on this forum. Could you please give more details?

Thanks!

March 11, 2017 at 10:17 pm #1066
    dmommyp

This one is for Joe. At the “afterparty” you were talking with one of the teams about a great children’s puzzle book. I don’t remember any specifics. Could you please post the name of the book if you have any idea what I’m talking about?

Thanks, Deni

March 12, 2017 at 1:28 pm #1067
    stephw
    Keymaster

@dmommyp I don’t think there’s a way to hide spoilers. I will give you a hint though. The hidden quest is in the coupon in the newspaper. If you need the full answer, I can post it later. 🙂

March 17, 2017 at 9:50 am #1074
    stephw
    Keymaster

Thanks again to all of the teams who played The Florida Project. The TGG team had a blast.

The full recap with quest explanations and answers is posted on our website. David also included some great tips for future game play based off of common errors made by a few of our teams (don’t worry, we don’t name names). Check it out and give us feedback!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.