Advanced vs Basic

• July 20, 2023 at 5:39 am #11085
    megsellinger

Hello! We are a Florida team coming over for our first DLR game in September and we are trying to determine if we should register for basic or advanced. We’ve played the game at WDW several times but most of us are pretty unfamiliar with DLR. Is advanced more just missing the pregame brief or is it going to be way more advanced puzzles/require more familiarity with the park? Just trying to get some insight before we make our decision.

Thanks!

July 20, 2023 at 5:44 am #11086
    tensixmom

I was coming here to post the same question! We have done the games (in DL) a few times but we are not what you would call “good at it” so I would like more detail on the differences as well so we can make an informed decision. Thank you!

July 20, 2023 at 10:21 am #11087
    movieboy
    Keymaster

Basic is the equivalent to what we play at WDW. If that event is challenging and fun for you, that is what you should sign up for. It should be thought of as the regular version of the game.

Advanced is for teams that want an extra challenge. A few additional quests, less instruction, more competitive (and slightly more expensive) and NO HINTS AT ALL. I would say you do NOT want to level up unless you feel that Basic or the WDW games are too easy for your team and you tend to finish early. Advanced is no joke, it is hard and the teams that play it are VERY competitive.

Historically, the Disneyland events have frequently had two divisions. In the early years, they were Quests Only/Quests and Trivia. Later we added trivia to both and made Advanced as the more difficult division.

We have also occasionally done a “101” division which is an easier version of the game, more instruction, hints, partial credit.

Does that help?

July 20, 2023 at 10:30 am #11088
    megsellinger

This was super helpful!!! Thanks!

July 20, 2023 at 10:30 am #11089
    tensixmom

Helps tremendously; thank you! (We definitely need hints…)

July 31, 2023 at 8:32 pm #11135

We always loved Day in the Park division as well. We felt freer to interact with other teams and “enjoy” the thinking behind the puzzles. Would love to see that comeback when everyone has bandwidth.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.