Announcing Third Gate Games

• February 10, 2016 at 11:42 am #82
    movieboy
    Keymaster

We are excited to announce the formation of Third Gate Games, a new company that will be dedicated to the creation of new MouseAdventure and other location-based games. You’ll recognize the people behind Third Gate—Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix, Joe Stevano (aka movieboy), Stephanie Wien, Chris Metzger and David Perry—because we’re the same team that’s been creating and running MouseAdventure for the past several years.

We’re excited that Third Gate Games will allow us to continue to make MouseAdventure the best game in the parks, and we’ll be creating the upcoming Disneyland and Walt Disney World games. MousePlanet already signed up to sponsor our games, with Adrienne and Stephanie continuing their roles at MousePlanet.

We’re putting the finishing touches on our new website, forums and registration system for MouseAdventure, but you can create an account on the site now to make it easier when it’s time to register for the upcoming games. Registration for the April 10th Disneyland game is scheduled to open on March 1, with registration for the May 14th Walt Disney World game opening two weeks later on March 15.

Thanks to everyone for being a part of MouseAdventure over the years! We’re excited about this change for our MouseAdventure team, and hope you’ll enjoy the upcoming games. If you have any questions about Third Gate Games, please drop us a note.

Thanks!

Adrienne, Joe, Stephanie, Chris and David

February 10, 2016 at 1:56 pm #84
    shortpix77

Awesome! Any hints about other possible locations for future games?

February 10, 2016 at 2:49 pm #85
    movieboy
    Keymaster

Hmmm, I think if you look hard enough, you may find a clue or two around here.

February 10, 2016 at 5:58 pm #91

Looking forward to new games in new places, with all the wonderful and friendly familiar faces. There are railway stations at Calico Mine train and railway, Hogsmead LA and King’s Cross Station London Orlando. Shanghai and Hong Kong are gateways to China. Sea World and the San Diego Safari Park offer gateways into understanding our animal brethren.

From Ready Player One: “The Third Gate is the last of three gates which must be cleared to win Halliday’s Easter Egg Hunt. Once inside, the player must surpass a score of 728,329 points in the video game Tempest, and complete a Flicksync of the movie Monty Python and the Holy Grail” – Wikipedia.

John, Susan and Jiminy are anxiously;y waiting our new adventures.

February 10, 2016 at 7:40 pm #96
    nikara

So excited for this- I’ve been dreaming of the expansion of MouseAdventure for years, and I can’t wait to see what happens next.

I’m sure that Ready Player One is one of the main reasons for the name, but I sort of love the concept that MouseAdventure essentially “makes” a third gate a Disneyland- an entirely new way to experience the parks, and a game within the theme park experience!

I’m in and excited for wherever these games take us.

February 11, 2016 at 7:26 am #97
    dmommyp

Congratulations on the new company! Wishing you lots of success.

Team Plutonium is looking forward to all you have in store for us. Even the real hidden quests – Meghan got a giggle just finding the “not a hidden quest”.

We also thought of the two Third Gate name associations referenced above. Y’all are just so clever.

See everyone soon –

February 11, 2016 at 2:03 pm #100
    themur

Congratulations on the new venture. Can’t wait for a San Francisco based game so the Lost Falls Expedition can sleep in our own beds.

Sad that we will miss the inaugural MA under the new banner but looking to schedule the expedition in Orlando.

February 11, 2016 at 7:15 pm #101

Congrats, guys!! I thought your name was Disney-inspired (Who doesn’t want a third Disney gate?), but RPO works too. Loved that book. Looking forward to playing with you guys under your new banner!

February 11, 2016 at 9:26 pm #102

Note: The Ready Player One quote was a wild guess on my part. The ThirdGateGames crew have not rolled out the whole package yet. I don’t want everyone following a random comment.

Susan and I are a lowly ( and frequently low scoring) team that loves MouseAdventure and the old 33 33’s.

We will have to wait for Adrienne, Joe, Stephanie, Chris and David to tell us all what the real Gates, locations, terminals, games and fun will be.

We are VERY happy to see this new iteration of MouseAdventure. 😃

February 12, 2016 at 10:41 am #103

Suggestion: Change Joe aka Movieboy from “participant” to SUDO, Emperor, Malevolent Leader, staff, admin, official, head dude, guru, jester, Easter egg, Art3mis, Halliday, Og or other title to help us sort out who is what. Thanks guys.

March 2, 2016 at 12:33 pm #225
    movieboy
    Keymaster

Suggestion: Change Joe aka Movieboy from “participant” to (something else)

Good point – this has been fixed now. Thanks!

March 3, 2016 at 7:43 am #237

WE’RE GOING TO LEGO-LAND!! More locations (hopefully) to come. Count us IN.

March 3, 2016 at 11:49 am #239
    movieboy
    Keymaster

How did we make the leap to LegoLand?

March 4, 2016 at 12:51 pm #242
    stephw
    Keymaster

Probably has something to do with your avatar

March 9, 2016 at 2:10 pm #251
    johngar

Congrats on the launch. I remain available to help test and with the game, but alas would need help getting in the park if needed.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.