MouseAdventure Rules

• May 5, 2016 at 3:06 pm #584
    movieboy
    Keymaster

The rules, as presented here, are provided as a guideline for new and returning players. Specific game rules will be provided to each team before each event, and should be reviewed for any modifications or changes. Rules provided with each game packet are the final rules that should be followed by all teams.

General MouseAdventure Information

Disney parks are dynamic places – who knows what may change and affect this game? Your game packet(s) may include an errata page if we found errors or changes that affect game play after the materials were printed. Consider stopping by MouseAdventure Central or a MouseAdventure Station during the game to see if there are any new announcements or changes.

Each player must wear a lanyard displaying their team number at all times during the game.

If a player must drop out during the game, return to MouseAdventure Central for instructions. Don’t just leave the player sitting on a bench somewhere – your team will receive penalty points.

Teams will be required to ride attractions and enter queues. If you enter a queue, you must ride the attraction and/or stay for the entire performance, as applicable – you cannot skip out the exit. Players may not enter any attraction through the exit unless using a designated accessible entrance. If you must ride an attraction, teammates who are unwilling or unable to ride that attraction must wait at the attraction’s exit; however, you may not leave any game materials with that team member.

Hints (if available for your game/division) will only be provided up to the 30 minutes before the end of the game.

Registered participants consent to the use of their likeness in photos for articles about, and promotion of, the event.

General MouseAdventure Rules

These rules apply to all teams participating in MouseAdventure regardless of division. Violation of these rules may result in point penalties or disqualification. Unidentified crew members are monitoring for violations, and although their decisions may be subjective, there is no appeal. If you need to do something that may look like you are violating one of the event rules (such as making a phone call or checking your smartphone), return to MouseAdventure Central to check in with the MouseAdventure crew members there before you do it to avoid penalties.

The following are NOT permitted:

Splitting up Unless otherwise directed, teams must stay together at all times. Your team is only as fast as your slowest member. All teammates should be within a few feet of each other. You may not send one member of your team to research something in another land, or leave one member to “rest” while the others complete a quest.

Exceptions:

• Restroom breaks or Baby Care Center visits (the rest of the team must remain nearby).
    • If a quest calls for you to ride or enter an attraction and one or more players are unwilling or unable to ride that attraction, your team should leave those player(s) at the exit of the attraction before entering the queue. You may not leave any game materials with non-riding players while you wait in line, and non-riding players must remain at the attraction exit until the rest of the team returns.

Running Just don’t do it. Rushing through crowds Do not move faster than local conditions allow; forcing your way through crowded areas will result in penalties.

Line-cutting, pushing, shoving, or other rudeness Play it safe since this is essentially a subjective call, and violations result in serious point deductions. While you may be in a competition, please remember to be respectful of other guests who are here to enjoy a day at the resort.

Cutting through rides or theaters Once you enter an attraction queue or theater, you must continue as normal through to the exit or sit through the entire show. This rule WILL be enforced for this event – you’ve been warned.

Use of external lighting Players may not use external lighting of any kind inside of theaters or attractions.

Entering through an exit Players may not enter any attraction through the exit unless using a designated accessible entrance.

Any kind of overt cheating Examples would be looking at another team’s materials, or asking people not on your team for assistance.

Collaborating with other teams, friends or family Teams may not work with other teams during the event unless specifically instructed to. Unregistered friends, companions and children over 5 years old may not accompany your team during the game.

Asking for or accepting assistance from Disney Cast Members Teams found getting CM assistance receive zero credit for that quest, even if the Cast Members initiate the assistance. Be polite in telling them you need to do it yourself.

Using reference materials other than the park map and brochure Unless a quest indicates otherwise, the use of any other reference materials is strictly prohibited (this includes any materials you may bring, as well as books available in various stores).

Use of electronic equipment to aid in event completion unless otherwise directed (including FRS radios, ham radios, GPS, cell phones, digital cameras, audio recorders, camcorders, pagers, laptops, flashlights, and so on) We understand that “real life” may intrude on MouseAdventure, but our crew can’t tell what you’re doing from a distance. Penalties cannot be appealed. If you need to use a prohibited device during the event, we strongly recommend that you return to MouseAdventure Central to do so to prevent any misunderstandings.

September 12, 2017 at 8:30 am #1332
    gfy4dland

Please clarify the rule regarding entering a queue. Are the following statements true?

1) If a team enters the courtyard of the Tiki Room, but does not enter the theater, they can exit the courtyard without watching the show. If a team enters the theater, they have to stay for the entire show.
    2) A team can enter and exit the Opera House freely, unless they enter the theater. If a team enters the theater, they have to stay for the entire show.
    3) If a team enters Mickey’s House, they must continue through the house and out through the exit, not out the front door. It is ok to exit the house just before the movie barn without watching the cartoons and meeting Mickey.

My team has wasted time discussing these points in the past, so thought I would clear it up before the event. Thanks for your help and insight!

September 12, 2017 at 3:28 pm #1333
    movieboy
    Keymaster

Please clarify the rule regarding entering a queue. Are the following statements true?

All those statements are TRUE! The Enchanted Tiki Room Lanai and the Opera House Lobby are both open areas and, for game purposes, not considered parts of either attraction. Entering either of the theaters would mean that a team would need to stay till the end of the presentation.

Mickey’s House requires teams to enter thru the main entrance and teams can leave through any exit up to the point that they are in the movie barn watching the cartoons and in the final queue to meet Mickey.

-Joe

January 18, 2018 at 3:07 pm #1532

At animal kingdom, how do you handle fp+ usage? I see that digital devices can’t be used, but what about in-park kiosks for acquiring fp?

January 23, 2018 at 9:37 am #1535
    stephw
    Keymaster

@kennythepirate you can use in-park kiosks for Fastpass+. However, be aware that if you are required to enter a queue, the quest may contain some elements you would bypass in the Fastpass line. This is a general warning, and is not specific to the upcoming WDW game.

February 8, 2018 at 3:03 pm #1580

I have a question about what constitutes printed materials. If I make my own graph paper and print it at home, so it can have larger squares is that okay? Or if I make a blank chart?

February 8, 2018 at 5:44 pm #1581
    movieboy
    Keymaster

I have a question about what constitutes printed materials.

Graph paper, lined paper or blank charts are totally fine.

February 11, 2018 at 12:09 pm #1584
    jamesdaff

I have a couple of questions. This upcoming MouseAdventure in Animal Kingdom will be my first.

1. We had a team of 4 entering, and then 1 more colleague decided to join us, so we have asked about splitting into 2 teams (2 + 3), and I hope the staff will permit that. But does the “no collaboration” rule mean that we will have to avoid talking or meeting with each other during the day? We had made lunch reservations together, but maybe we now need to split into 2 lunch groups, or make our lunch later. Do we know yet what time the event ends, so I can make reservations after that?

2. My wife and I are old and lame. Literally. We use scooters in the parks. I trust this won’t be a problem.

Thanks!

February 11, 2018 at 12:32 pm #1585
    jamesdaff

I thought of another question:

3. Some of our team have never been to Animal Kingdom before, and I have promised them they will be able to explore the park, ride the attractions, and see the shows. Is the game going to get in the way of that? Will we need to be off in a corner somewhere scribbling on our papers most of the day instead of watching the Nemo or Lion King shows, or going on the safari? What are people’s experiences with this?

February 11, 2018 at 3:06 pm #1587
    stephw
    Keymaster

@jamesdaff Welcome to MouseAdventure! To answer your questions:

1. You can have lunch together, but you can’t discuss the game. This may be difficult to do on game day! Most teams don’t stop for lunch, or they just grab a quick service meal. If you want to make a dinner reservation, that might work better. Then you can talk about how the game went among your group. We don’t have a finish time now, but a reservation in Animal Kingdom at 6:30 p.m. would not be a problem. We won’t go past sunset.

2. It’s not a problem if you have scooters. We have had players with scooters in the past. If there are any tasks your team isn’t able to complete because of mobility issues, please let us know on game day and we will work to make accommodations for you. In many cases, other members of the team may complete a task while the other team member waits at the attraction exit.

3. You are free to be as competitive (or not) as you want for our game. If you want to go to shows and ride attractions, that’s fine. Most teams use game time to only do the game and nothing else. Any quests you don’t finish on game day can likely be completed later at your own pace (sometimes quests involve interactive elements that can’t be done later on). You just need to turn in your answer sheets on game day to receive a score.

February 16, 2018 at 8:25 am #1595
    bosalb

This is our first MouseAdventure and we are super-excited to be able to do it!
    1) I see that some people asked about paper and supplies. What tools/supplies do you recommend for an successful adventure?
    2) What is the start time? I read above that it ends at dusk.
    3) Is there a packet pick up that our entire team needs to be at?
    4) Can I change team members? Two of my members cannot make it now and I have two that I wanted to replace with.

Thanks!

February 16, 2018 at 12:43 pm #1596
    stephw
    Keymaster

Hi @bosalb! Welcome to MouseAdventure! To answer your questions:

1. Definitely bring:
    – Clipboard. You might want more than one. You will need to be able to keep papers and game materials organized while on the go. Writing as you walk will become an acquired skill!
    – Pencils and pens. Some teams use multiple colors.
    – Blank paper. You may want to scratch out ideas as you work to solve, and quest materials don’t always provide enough “brainstorming” space.
    2. Start time is still being worked out, but check in will be sometime around 9-9:30 a.m. at the front of Animal Kingdom Park.
    3. You entire team should be with you at packet pickup. If someone needs to join late, you should talk to us when you check in.
    4. Yes! Changes should be submitted before Feb. 23 to mouseadventure@thirdgategames.com

April 16, 2018 at 12:37 pm #1710

Regarding digital cameras, does this mean teams aren’t allowed to take photos during the event? And if so, Is there any prohibition against the use of photopass photographers during the event?

April 16, 2018 at 1:46 pm #1711
    stephw
    Keymaster

@omnitographer you can’t use cameras (including smartphone cameras) during the event. You can have your photo taken by a Photopass photographer during the event.

September 10, 2018 at 1:10 pm #1953
    jdbostick

Query: would the prohibition against “external lighting” apply in a non-theater, non-attraction context. Example: using a small flashlight to look in a shop window on Main Street, or to read the plaque on the Petrified Tree at night in Frontierland.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.