Spring 2017 – Universal Hollywood

• November 30, 2016 at 11:43 pm #922
    stephw
    Keymaster

Our first game outside of the Disney parks will take place at Universal Studios in Hollywood. StudiosAdventure is coming on April 30. Sign up for the newsletter at http://www.studiosadventure.com to receive notification when registration opens.

December 1, 2016 at 12:51 am #923
    kingjesse2

This sounds like fun!

But does it mean there will be no MouseAdventure in Spring?

December 5, 2016 at 3:43 pm #937
    stephw
    Keymaster

There will not be a MouseAdventure spring event at the Disneyland Resort. There will be spring MouseAdventure at WDW on March 4.

March 6, 2017 at 8:47 am #1045
    kokobella

Is this still happening? Haven’t heard anything more about it….?

March 7, 2017 at 10:41 am #1048
    stephw
    Keymaster

@kokobella we are still working out details on this event, and will have more information soon.

Thanks for your interest!

March 16, 2017 at 5:07 pm #1071
    gfy4dland

I went to Universal last month, my first time there since 1993. Of course, it looked like a completely different place! I can see the appeal of designing puzzles there, with lots of fresh details. Even the CityWalk is packed with decorative elements. I’m interested to know if that area will be included in the quests.

March 29, 2017 at 12:34 pm #1080

Is there an update on this? Our team is interested in seeing how this all works on the west coast, but we would need to make travel plans soon if this is to be feasible.

Thanks!

April 5, 2017 at 1:13 pm #1085
    stephw
    Keymaster

Hey guys. Sorry for the lack of response. Third Gate Games has been working hard with Universal to make this event happen, and it’s taking longer than we anticipated. The event won’t be happening on the previously announced date of April 30, and we will have more definitive information soon.

May 2, 2017 at 10:27 am #1132
    mwilliams726

I was just wondering if there have been any updates to the status of this event. Are you still anticipating having an event there this spring? If not, do you have a sense for when it might be? Summer? Fall? Being from the midwest, I was hoping to plan a trip around this so the sooner I know, the more likely it is that I can attend. Thanks!

May 4, 2017 at 8:08 am #1169
    gfy4dland

I was surprised to receive news about the StudioAdventure happening on May 21!! I thought this event would be shelved until the fall. I just registered my team, Oswald Returns. It will just be Alan and me this time. We’re looking forward to it!!

Can you tell me if any of the quests will be in the City Walk area? I don’t know Universal that well and would like to know the scope of my studying. ; )

May 4, 2017 at 2:21 pm #1170
    movieboy
    Keymaster

GFY2DLAND, so happy you can join us at Universal.

Can you tell me if any of the quests will be in the City Walk area?

Right now all quests are inside the park.

May 5, 2017 at 6:49 am #1171

Great to hear that this is happening!
    It’s been a whole 2 months since The Florida Project, so we’re looking forward to another adventure!

May 5, 2017 at 11:41 am #1175
    elizgeli

Is team and player status connected across all of Third Gate Games or is it separated by event? Do masters status, number of wins, or new player status carry over from Mouse to Studios and vice-versa?

May 5, 2017 at 11:56 am #1176
    movieboy
    Keymaster

Is team and player status connected across all of Third Gate Games or is it separated by event? Do masters status, number of wins, or new player status carry over from Mouse to Studios and vice-versa?

MouseAdventure Status does not transfer to StudiosAdventure. StudiosAdventure is considered a separate event. Since this is the first StudiosAdventure event, all players are considered new players (that is why there is no entry for that in the registration form.)

May 6, 2017 at 2:12 am #1179
    megp

Team Plutonium is in! Two-thirds of our team was out of town at the end of April, so the reschedule worked out well for us. Time to start studying up on Universal Studios….

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.